Monday, November 7, 2011

Monday, November 7

Short Week, Conferences

I'm looking forward to meeting with the 4/5 Blend parents this week. Mme. Jana will have information on reading and writing for her 4th grade homeroom. Please don't hesitate to contact me after conferences if you need more information.

However..... I'm leaving this Friday and will be gone the following week.  I'm going to Columbus, Georgia to meet my new grandson, David Alejandro Diaz, born last Wednesday weighing 8 pounds, 3 ounces! His big sister, Olivia (2 1/2) and I will spend some quality time together as well. Steve Poizat-Newcombe will be here in my absence.


4th Grade Language Arts
The 4th graders have been hard at work on an in depth reading comprehension assignment using a novel they selected themselves. Most students will finish by tomorrow (this is an in-class project), but incomplete papers will need to be completed at home and turned in Monday, November14. 

The spelling test in my absence will be a list of words relating to Colonial America and the American Revolution. They will get the list on Monday, Nov. 14

4/5 Blend
We are almost finished with Blood on the River, our read-aloud, and students have been writing reflections on this historical novel. They have also been writing reports on a "Remarkable Revolutionary." The first part, a 5 paragraph essay, will need to be completed by November 14 as well. Most of the students have their information and are working on their rough draft.

We have continued with French reading, writing and vocabulary, using a dictee, videos workbooks and poems.

I'll try to post some pictures from Georgia!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Charlemagne 4th and 5th Grade

This is an informational blog for parents of students in my 4th and 5th grades classes at Charlemagne French Immersion School. Enjoy!